Thursday, October 06, 2011

The Pumpkin Pie


Last night, Rachel and I took a leap and tried making home made pumpkin pie and tada it was a success. The recipe asked for store bought crust, but I don't much like store bought crust so I just used the same crust recipe as I used for the apple pie I made a few weeks ago.
Now that I am learning how to bake, I'm realizing that everything basically consists of the same stuff, just in different portions. Pumpkin Pie is just flour, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, cream cheese (mmm) and some canned pumpkin with some spices (cinnamon, ginger, vanilla). I am very proud of us for accomplishing, yet again, a successful dessert.

This morning, we woke up and spontaneously joined a "Zumba" class at the gym. It kicked our butts but it was awesome. I've gone to the gym every day this week so far and I haven't done that in quite a while.

Hope you all are enjoying this fall season as much as I am!

No comments: