Saturday, October 15, 2011

Keeping Busy, Keeping Warm

Wednesday night went well- Andrew Bird in concert is ten times better than Andrew Bird not in concert, and I didn't even know that was possible. But more on that later.
Today is COLD in New York. Burrrr! The rain is cold. The wind is cold. I'm cold. I don't want winter to come. You mean it's going to get colder here??? wahhhh!
Anyway, I'm trying to keep busy. I made pumpkin muffins yesterday, went grocery shopping today followed by cozy-ing up on the couch with a blanket and a book and hot coffee, and tonight we have dinner and movie night at the Trader's home. Good Will Hunting- here we come!


As a side note, Dugan and I have been busy all week long this week and haven't been able to see each other very much. He works during the mornings, and I work  in the evenings. It sucks, but I prefer the night schedule at work. It's less stressful. Anyway, It's good to lay around the house this weekend with him (what's new, right?). Whatever. We like our days lazy. We do crazy things too! Like going to Cici's for dinner and the movies every once and awhile. That's crazy, right??? 

My last thought of the day is about those fruit flies that used to think they ran the house. I spent a lot of time chasing them and killing them until my sister gave me the idea to trap them like SUCKERS! See here:

Look at all of them! That's only a week worth!


Cheap tequila plus plastic wrap equal fruit fly death trap. I change the traps about once a week, and they never cease to fill up. Thanks, Hillary for the idea! I promise I have a clean house- the bugs just come to bother me and hover around my bananas. Not anymore! Victory is mine.

No comments: