Monday, October 01, 2012

For Now

There are quite a few things I need to catch up on, but I would like to have appropriate photos for those posts so they'll just have to wait.

BUT, here's a couple things I have been up to lately:

1. Made Butternut Squash Lasagna with Vegetables
I so wish I took a photo of this masterpiece! It was amazing! I have never made a lasagna before, so I was really nervous about it. As most of you know, a year and a half ago, I didn't know how to cook anything. With the help of my mama and my loving sisters, I have learned to cook a lot of new things. I take pride in the fact that we eat a home-cooked meal every night together. I am very very happy with the way this lasagna turned out! The butternut squash turned out a bit crunchy but it doesn't bother me too much. I think it's perfect. BE PROUD OF ME!

2.Work, Work, Work, with school on the side.
I had 2 overnight shifts this last week, and am trying to get in more work here and there. Every penny counts, especially up here. Flagstaff certainly isn't the cheapest place to live, but I still love it to pieces. School is treating me alright, my classes are easy so that's definitely not a problem. My Psychology class is the most frustrating because my teacher is totally scatterbrained but If I just do my best, then I won't have to retake the course.

3. Waiting!
Getting very antsy about Julia having her baby here soon. Every day I am on the front of my seat ready to get to her as soon as I hear the word. My patience is definitely being tested. New babies always make me so overly excited. I'm also trying to be patient for the end of October to be here. I LOOOOVE October(more on that later) but the Greenstreets and Hillary will be here in a few weeks and I love them more. I am so excited I can't take it!

4. Reuniting
My sister in law, Geneva came home from Alaska last week so we drove to phoenix last minute to have a family dinner with her and Dugan's family- excluding one of his sisters(sorry again, Ashley). 




I, of course, made Seth tag along because I love him and don't get to see him very often. I feel guilty this week that I missed his most recent play. Sorry, twin!


No comments: