Saturday, August 25, 2012

Leisure Weekend: WIN

I can't believe I have yet to brag about seeing Brandi Carlile in concert. Seth, Rachel and I decided it was definitely worth the little bit of cash to spend on a concert to see Brandi at the Orpheum Theatre in Flagstaff last Saturday. It was purely happenstance that we ran across a flyer in downtown advertising the concert and man am I glad we did! I can't even begin to explain how fantastic this woman is. She is great in her albums, on stage, everything. She is talented on the guitar, piano, in her writing and especially vocally. I love this woman almost too much.
Can't wait for your return, Brandi.



I am very happy to be in the middle of a work-less weekend. Last night we splurged on a dinner at Chilis (har har) and walked around downtown for a bit to show off our brilliant city to our New York friends. My internal clock still woke me up at 5:30 this morning but, whatever. I like waking up with the sun. We got up, sent our friends to the Grand Canyon (I was supposed to take my mom to the canyon today too but due to lack of planning that didn't happen. Some other time), went yard sale-ing where we found a couple sweet deals on a few random objects, followed by grocery shopping and then coming home. All these things happened before noon today. The weather is beautiful outside and we're making BBQ beef in our new crock pot for dinner.

In other news, Dugan is officially and employee of Late for the Train cafe. He'll be working in the roastery and as a maintenance man for the other locations. He is very excited to start work Tuesday morning, as am I.

For the road, I'll leave you all with a photo I snapped yesterday of the little guy I spend every day of the week with.  He is a ham.


You've gotta love that toothy smile.

Happy weekend-ing to all.

No comments: