Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Inconspicuous Kitty Box

I know I showed this to everyone who has come into my house already, but I am very proud of it and I haven't got to brag about it on my blog yet... til now!

So. Let's start with a photo.

This ^ is a litter box. Ramona's litter box to be exact.
In our last apartment, we had a big laundry room to put this thing to keep it separated from the rest of the house, but now we're in a smaller place and don't have that option anymore. This litter box would be fine here in this spot in the family room, but I hate the smell of cat litter and that other stuff litter boxes smell like... So, I needed to find some kind of barrier between the litter box and the rest of the house that didn't look silly.

I bought a small curtain rod from target ($2.00) and some super cheap material I found at a yard sale for no more than a quarter and decided I was going to make a curtain.

I don't know how to use a sewing machine still, but I didn't mind sewing by hand. It only took me a couple of hours and I had done it!




The best part about it is that you can't even tell there is a litter box back there. it just looks like a fancy curtain.

Just wanted to share my idea for anyone out there who shares a hatred for the smell of litter boxes with me and doesn't have a big room to tuck it away in. It's fancy, it's secret, and it works as a barrier between the smell and the rest of the room.
Happy Tuesday Everyone! 

No comments: