Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our First Easter

Normally, I wouldn't travel more than an hour and a half to somewhere I won't be visiting for more than a day, but I felt since it was Easter and I love the Catlin family that this Easter should be an exception. Honestly, I don't remember the last few Easters very well. I know last year it was a blurr because it was right after my sweet nephew Scott was born and the year before that Silas was in Afghanistan and I don't really remember anything from that year. I haven't had a big Easter celebration in quite sometime.
After calling my mom the day before Easter, I found myself in tears (the little ones, not the pitiful sobbing ones that I have perfected) because everyone in my family was together in Arizona having a picnic and I WANTED TO PICNIC TOO! It's a good thing I will be home in 3 WEEKS to spend all the time I want with my family and friends. The thought of that makes my tummy do cartwheels. Yippee!

All in all, my weekend was a big success. I worked a lot, but in between working, I had a great time eating(way too much), decorating eggs and cookie-pops, chatting and playing cards with my man. It was all good fun.


Elyse and I just couldn't get a good picture together. So you get this one.
Easter Babe? I think so.

I am thankful for the Catlins. Had it not been for their hospitalily, We probably would've sat around the house on Easter. I'm glad we had a family to spend Easter with, although it wasn't our own. 

This week, Dugan will be busy with his ACAP meetings which, for those of you who don't know, are meetings that go over the steps to leaving the army. Freedom from Fort Drum is so close, I can taste it! I will be spending the week working . For the time I am not at work, I will either be cleaning my house or working out.
Keeping busy to pass the time.

No comments: