Saturday, February 09, 2013

Wait a minute, we're 21?

Last weekend was so fun! I am always... and I mean always... trying to find ways to see all of my friends and family. If i had it my way, we would all live in one place and I could see all the people I love each and every day. Sadly, that is not the world we live in and I don't think everyone I love will be living next door to me anytime soon. Or ever (shout out to Elyse!). However, for my birthday I said this year that I would not plan anything for hopes of not being stood up like I have been in the past but it didn't really work out that way. The closer it got to my birthday, and the more people who told me they were coming up here to spend our (mine and seth's) birthday up in flagstaff with us, the more I couldn't resist planning. Over all, for my birthday this year I said I wanted 3 things: French toast for breakfast, a pedicure, and a picnic with whoever happened to be there.

Friday was fun and simple- we went out to dinner and Seth and I went downtown with a few incredible friends for a little bit. Nothing too fancy or crazy. It was a late night and an early morning the next day. I don't have any photos of Friday night on my computer so you'll have to just believe me that it was a nice time.

Saturday, as we all woke up, my rockin friend Julia came over early from her hotel with baby Eli to make us all french toast. It was delicious, perfect, exactly what I wanted. The morning slowly rolled into the perfect mix of man-time for the boys and lady-time for the girls. Can you think of anything better? The boys went shooting out in the forest and the ladies took a trip up to the mall for some pampering time at the salon and a little bit of shopping.

By the time the afternoon rolled around, we were all pretty hungry. Seeing as it was late afternoon and we had pulled pork cooking in the crock pot at home, we didn't see any need in going on a picnic if we could just start the bbq at home early. So that's exactly what we did! I'm not disappointed we didn't go on a picnic. That can be for a later time when it's not quite so chilly outside. We all ate good food, drank good drinks, had laughs and had a really good time. Sunday morning was breakfast out at Mike&Rhondas(yummy cheap  restaurant here in flag for anyone interested) and we sadly parted ways.

So, here are a few photos from my birthday weekend. I want everyone who was there, and everyone who bothers reading my blog, that I had a really good birthday and I hope Seth did too. I really enjoyed every second with everyone who was by my side and If I could have that everyday, I would cut off my right arm to do so. I love all of you very very much and I am so very grateful to have so many people love and care about me the way you all do.















And now for a series of entertaining photos from the birthday boy and yours truly.
And yes, although it was our 21st birthday and It's hard to believe, we are sober in all of these photos.

 quick! Pretend you're sleeping!


 don't...don't lick me...



And my personal favorite due to levels of ridiculousness and scaryness:

No comments: