Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vacations

I have been blessed with vacations. I flew home to Arizona last week, and it was much too short of a vacation. I saw almost everyone I wanted to see and I felt so bad I couldn't spend as much time with each person as I had hoped. Fortunately, I have very understanding people in my life who know how crazy it is to visit home and get tugged in 100 different directions. I didn't sleep much, and spent most of my days seeing people and going out to eat and driving from place to place. Fun, fun fun! 
I came home for several reasons, but one reason in particular was for the wedding of my dear friends Julia and R.D. The wedding was beautiful and I feel grateful to have been a part of it all. Pictures to come. I had some slumber parties with a few different friends, and snuggled some very handsome nephews of mine. All of this, was much needed. Ill save the rambling for another time. Here are a few of many photos I love from my trip home:
Julia & Audrie the day before the wedding.

Last night: slumber party with HollyAnn
A handsome and snuggley  baby nephew after bath time.
Time at the Park with friends (Rachel ^)
The morning after I returned to NY, Mr. Eckstein and woke up early and left for a vacation at Lake Placid in the Adirondack Mountains paid for by the Army. Thanks, Army! The place was beautiful. Crawling with little shops to visit and irresistible coffee shops and restaurants. I feel sorry for anyone who will never get to see this place. We walked around for two days straight and still didn't want to leave. It's been good to have time away from Fort Drum. It gets a little too quiet here.


The View from a coffee shop off the strip.


View from Hotel.

1 comment:

Life as a Greenstreet said...

cuuuuuute baby! Cuuuuuute picture of you and the Mr!