Sunday, June 03, 2012

Stop and Smell the Ocean Air


I was invited to tag along on a quick trip to Irvine, California for a wedding this weekend with a couple friends and I thought "why not?". So, I hopped in the car and took the 8 hour drive to the west coast. I dreaded the drive but successfully made it there and back without dying so, the trip was a good one.
We stayed in an old Silo that was reconstructed into a LaQuinta Hotel. I wish I had taken more photos of it but the one of the outside will have to do. The building was a very neat structure and it was a nice change from your typical hotel. In our spare time, Julia, Rd, Ethan and I took swims in the pool, shopping at Laguna beach, drove around looking at scenery, and of course attending a wedding. It was nice having some alone time with Julia. It feels like a few years since we've had some serious time together.












As a side note; our belongings are being shipped this week from NY to AZ. Ill be meeting our stuff up in Flagstaff in about 2 to 3 weeks at our move-in date. So excited to set up our new home together. Silas will be here about the same time as our stuff so we're nearing the home stretch here, folks. As for now, I am enjoying in my leisure time with family and friends and my book- just the way I like it.

No comments: