Sunday, March 18, 2012

Playing Along

I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon and play along with silly traditions like valentines day or St. Pattys day or Easter. Not in the way most Americans do, anyway. With the hearts, the drinking, the bunnies and eggs. But,  i figured I might as well play along this year and throw on a green shirt and make some green (delicious) cupcakes for good ol' st patties day. It was a nice day. Not because it was a holiday, but because it was one of the only days in the last few weeks i've got to spend all day with the love of my life. We had breakfast in bed, followed by some errands and some leisurely time at Thompson Park. 

Complete with my cream cheese frosting!







This week was definitely not the easiest week. It feels good to have a weekend where I feel good and happy and almost stress free. I am glad my dad is doing better. That has been a huge weight off my shoulders. I am thankful for his recovery. Or, rather, what we have seen of his recovery so far. I am thankful for prayer and for the power it has. I am thankful for all the supportive people in my life. I am thankful for my family. Each and every member. I am thankful for a lot of things this weekend.
Happy Saturday, St. Pattys day, whatever it is you're calling it. 

Time for me to snuggle up to my handsome man for sleep time.
Have a good week, everyone!

No comments: